The New Cover Art Collection
14 febbraio 2011
Celebrating the myMoleskine online gallery
The Story. In April 2009, Moleskine launched an online gallery of creativity and free expression called myMoleskine. Since then, creators from all over the world have uploaded over 2400 images, mostly scans of drawings and paintings made on the pages of their Moleskine notebooks, but also video, and photos of their own Moleskine creations. The new Cover Art collection is a celebration of this whole experience. The collection starts with seven pieces, three Journals and four Diaries/Planners. Each piece in the collection bears on its cover a color printed reproduction of an image selected from the myMoleskine gallery. Each of the contributing authors who lent their images to the project has selected a different non-profit organization to which Moleskine will make a donation.
The idea itself originated from the customization requests Moleskine is always receiving from users. Notebook customization is already happening organically, with many illustrators and artists independently creating their personalized notebook covers with their own imagery. Moleskine is going to experiment much more in this direction in the next few months. This is a new kind of experience in the relationship between a company and its users: the company designs and manufactures the notebook, the user then fills in the pages with drawings and paintings, scans the pages, uploads the scans on the Moleskine website, the company selects them and makes contact with the uploader. Eventually company and user together come full circle creating a new notebook, where the inside filling become a cover.
The Authors. Participants in the myMoleskine gallery could be professional illustrators, as well as art students, tattoo artists, graphic designers, cartoon artists, and anybody who love to create freely on Moleskine notebooks and share their creations online on myMoleskine.
Cover Art Journals
• Letter size format (8½ by 11 inches - 21 cm × 28 cm).
• 3 different authors/artworks, each coming in packs of 2, same image, 2 different color nuances. Each is pack available in 3 different page layouts: plain, ruled and squared
• 96 pages
• Cover: heavy card, 240 g/m2, with full color printing
• Paper band in colored semi-transparent paper to clearly show the graphics below
• Paper band applied with round sticker
• Retail price - $ 16,95 for a pack of 2 different journals (Letter size)
Cover Art Diaries/Planners - note date, 2012
• 2 different authors/artworks sold in individual wraps
• Pocket Size (inches): 3 ½" x 5 ½"-(cm): 9x14 and Large Size (inches): 5" x 8 ¼"- (cm): 13x21
• Page layout: weekly horizontal
• 12 months (December-January)
• Retail price - pocket size: $16,95 / large size:$ 21,95
Both Diaries and Journals
• High quality interior paper, 80 g/m2, ivory color, rounded corners.
• Interior: bio of the artist and an explanation of the supported non-profit initiative.
• All paper used in the Cover Art collection, is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), an international non-profit organization established in 1993 to promote socially and environmentally responsible management of the world's forests.
For high resolution images or other press inquiries:
Silvia Trenta: email@example.com - T.+39 02434498.1
Marlene C. Capron BDE- firstname.lastname@example.org - T +1 212.353.1383
Emily Levin, BDE - email@example.com
Anne Kleist BLUME pr - firstname.lastname@example.org - +49 40 870 893-58