Gordon Cheung was born in London in 1975 where he lives and works. He studied at the Central St. Martin's College of Art and Design between 1994-98 and he graduated at the Royal College of Art in 2001.
His exhibitions include:
- "NLK", Soho House, New York in 2005;
- "The British Art Show 6", BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead in 2005-06 (touring).
- He features in "Arrivals/Departures", Urbis Museum, Manchester in 2007.
Forthcoming solo exhibitions include:
- Solo Show at 1/9 Unosunove Gallery in Rome curated by Raffaella Guidobono;
- "Psychedelic", San Antonio Art Museum, Texas USA - Curated by David S. Rubin, in 2008;
- "Painting the Glass House", Aldrich Museum and Yale Museum, Connecticut, USA - Curated: Jessica Hough (Aldrich curator) and Monica Ramirez Montagut (Guggenheim curator of Architecture and Design);
- "The Laing Art Gallery", Newcastle 2007 and the Chinese Art Centre Manchester 2008.
He has undertaken several residencies among which "British Council International Arts Award Diffuse Asia"; "Kyoto Art Centre Residency", "Japan Lexmark European Painting Prize Finalist".
He is the recipient of a number of awards:
- "DeciBel Award Finalist"
- "Painting Prize Finalist", Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool UK
- "Laing Art Solo Award and Commission", Newcastle, UK
- "Arts Council of England Individual Arts Award"
- "BOC Emerging Artist Award Finalist"
- "Jerwood Drawing Prize Finalist".